martes, 14 de octubre de 2008

Act 2 Scene 1 "Changes"

"Significant changes have taken place in Rita's life...She has been to Summer School and now lives in a flat with a friend"
When Rita said that the window "bleeding budge", I think that she means the window opened as a change, new air, in Frank's life. She continuing saying "you need air, Frank, the room needs airing" but at the same time, Frank wants the window closed. He wants limits in some way,a boundary between the interior and the exterior.
I would say that the scene ends with the words "You don't do Blake without doing innocence and experience because it would be related to both, Rita and Frank, and their own lives.I can add that Rita represents innocence while Frank represents experience.
It can be added that positive changes in Rita are related to her education and decisions in her own life, such as going to Summer School. I wouldn't say that she has negative changes up to now, because she is intelligent enough to learn from every mistake. Adding that Frank responds satisfactorily to her changes.

4 comentarios:

Pame dijo...

Hi Ro...

Not having fresh air is something that scares me.
I think as teachers (and as human beings also)we always need to take some fresh air. Not having "fresh" air is like not being able to "refresh or renew" ourselves and that for me is like closing myself to the exterior world (as teacher, closing myself to students).

Big hug,

Pame

romina dijo...

Yes, Pam . I totally agree with you. I also can add that we always learn something new and this implies changes in our minds and in our attitudes towards other people.
We always need fresh air in our lives!!
See you Pam!!!

Gladys Baya dijo...

In this entry you make several points, Romina, and it'd be overwhelming to try and develop them all, I believe... Since Pame and you have already looked into the connotations of "fresh air", I'd rather turn my attention to the question of Rita's use of taboo language after she's so passionately argued she's changed and is now a "sophisticated, educated" lady...

You may also wonder: what's outside? In other wordsl, what (or "who?") is Rita eager to join, and Frank reluctant to see?

Food for thought!
Peace,
Gladys

romina dijo...

I think that Rita is trying to improve but she is also learning how to do it. As we always say,learning is a process, where trial and errors are involved, she is still learning and she will go on doing it....
Kisses
Romina