viernes, 7 de noviembre de 2008

Programme of study (changes)

In EDUCATING RITA, Willy Russell writes that "education gives you a choice"
There are several changes in Rita as a result of her choosing education.
Firstly, in her background and culture. After so many lessons, she seems not to belong to her background any more. For instance , when she went to a pub with her mother and her husband, at that moment, she realized that she was speding too much time there, so she decided to leave the place. That was one instance of her changes.
Secondly, there are changes in her personal circumstances, for example, in her job. She decided to quit and she got another job in a bistro, where she could have access to more intellectual people in her opinion. Besides, she got divorced from her husband and went to live with a friend. That was another instance of her changes.
Finally, her personality also changed, she behave in different way with people, she has chosen other topics in her conversations, she dressed up differently and she decided to visit different kinds of places, such as galeries related to culture.

4 comentarios:

RomiMermel dijo...

Hi Romi!
Education gives you a choice as regards personal life and educational life, right?
I would also say that education gave Rita the tools not only to decide different aspects as regards her life but also THE WAY she saw life also changed, don´t you think?
In the end, she reflected on everything she experenced and saw what truly mattered.
Kisses
Romi

romina dijo...

yes, Romi.I agree with you that education give us choices as in Rita's life. In these changes we as well as Rita, discover life and learn about it all the time.
Also we are aware of the most important things in life.
See you
ROMINA

Gladys Baya dijo...

What choices has education given you, Romina? What educational experiences have influenced your life significantly? Probably, you've not discovered as many choices as Rita, but I'd love it if you shared an anecdote or two with us!

Big hug,
Gladys

romina dijo...

Education gave me the chance to choose my tertiary level course, and thanks to that I have been teaching English for 9 years. And that is something that I appreciate a lot because I really like my job and I discovered that I made the right decision when I chose to start this course.
I can add that Education has given me the chance to meet many important people who have influenced in my life up the present and it will continue. Its is really valuable for me...
Kisses,
Romina